Published in April 2023, the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw wireless printer has been favored by more and more users. As a new-generation color printer, it has many new functions, such as Advanced Network Protection with Wolf Pro Security and Dynamic Security Enabled Printer. If you consider buying this printer, this printer review may help you find the answer.
Outer Factor Considered For Choosing A New Printer - HP MFP 4301fdw
This printer differs from the previous HP all-white model in its blue-and-white appearance. This HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw is very appealing, owing to its simple, modern design and 4.3" capacitive touchscreen (all input operations). Operating on a touchscreen often delays other content. Luckily, with such a big touchscreen, users can see the contents displayed on the screen more clearly when operating. The material is dirt-proof, unlike the glossy surface, which would expose smudges and fingerprints. As a result, you won't have to clean it as regularly.
Evaluating a new printer's paper handling involves assessing its ability to handle different paper types, sizes, and quantities effectively. Compared with the previous printer, HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw has at most three paper trays and supports multi-size paper. It's suitable for use in a small business environment.
The specific paper handling info of the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw printer:
As we all know, the operating costs of a printer contain not only printer costs but also other consumables costs, like toner cartridges, paper, and some repair fees. Lower-cost consumables can make a printer more economical in the long run. Supposing you have an HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw printer and print about 500 pages per month, we can get the following expense table. According to the table, 1 set of original HP 210A toner cartridges cost $424.96, triple the compatible one.
The Inner Factor For Choosing A New Printer - HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw Wireless Printer
Speed And Efficiency
To evaluate the speed and efficiency of the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw printer, we can look at the printer's print speed, first page out time, energy efficiency, etc.
Print Speed: The print speed of a laser printer is usually measured in pages per minute (PPM). It can vary depending on whether you're printing in color or black. The print speed color & black of HP MFP 4301fdw is up to 35 ppm. Suppose you have 350 pages of documents to print now; you only need to wait ten minutes to get high-quality printed manuscripts owned to such a high print speed.
First Page Out Time: That means it takes a printer to produce the first printed page after the print command is issued. For the HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw printer, the first page out (ready) is as fast as 9.1 sec, and the color is as fast as 10 sec. Such a shorter first page out time is generally desirable for users.
Energy Efficiency: HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw printer with many energy-saving features such as adjustable sleep mode, auto-off technology, and Energy Star certification; duplex printing helps users reduce energy consumption and operational costs.
Before purchasing a new printer, you should consider the connectivity options available, such as Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB, Bluetooth, mobile printing, etc. The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw printer is a wireless printer that supports wireless printing and mobile app integration. Its wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz operations only. So, this HP MFP 4301fdw printer is particularly useful in a modern office setup.
Printer security is crucial in office environments. HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw, with features like secure printing, user authentication, and data encryption, might be important to your needs. It is worth mentioning that this printer supports advanced network protection with HP Wolf Pro security, which can increase security. Another feature is called Dynamic Security. If you turn on this setting, it will block 3-rd party cartridges using a non-HP chip. However, you can disable the Cartridge Policy if you want to use cheaper non-HP toner cartridges.
Tips： The process of disabling HP MFP 4301fdw Cartridge Policy via touch screen
- 1. Click Menu Settings
- 2. Select System Setup
- 3. Tap Supply Settings
- 4. Select Off in the Cartridge Policy section
- 5. Click OK will finish the setting
Frequently Asked Questions About The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw Wireless Printer
1. How Do I Set Up The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw Printer For The First Time?
There are three connection types: WI-FI, Ethernet, and USB for HP MFP 4301fdw printer. Take the wireless setup process as an example.
- 1. After unboxing the printer, take the tiny box with the setup guide inside.
- 2. Discard the orange tape or protective shields of the printer.
- 3. Connect the power cord to the printer's back and the other end to a power source.
- 4. Turn on the printer by pressing the power button.
- 5. Set your language and Country/Region from the list on the touch screen.
- 6. Insert a stack of plain paper into the paper tray at the bottom of the printer.
- 7. Selecting connection method- WIFI/Ethernet/ USB you need
- 8. (Take WI-FI as an example) Click WIFI and then select Network name
- 9. Submit the Wi-Fi password to connect to the Network
- 10.Choose to set up Proxy Setup, Critical Firmware Update, or just skip
- 11.Select OK after the auto Color Calibration finish
2. Where Can I Find The HP MFP 4301fdw Driver And Software Updates For The Printer?
You need to use a computer instead of the printer touch screen to download and install printer software. Note that mobile devices like smartphones or tablets can't support setup.
- 1. Enter to hpsmart.com/download.
- 2. Click the "Install HP Smart".
- 3. Enter to app store to download the free HP Smart app.
- 4. Set up the app by following the prompts.
- 5. Select "Set UP a New Printer," the app will search for your HP 4301fdw printer on the Network.
- 6. Click your printer on the results listing, and the app will auto-search for and install the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw driver.
And now, your printer is set up and ready to work.
3. How Do I Replace HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw Toner Cartridges?
For the HP 4301fdw printer, we offer compatible HP 210A and HP 210X toner cartridges. HP 210A stand-yield toner cartridges are more suitable for users with less printing need. The high-yield HP 210X toner cartridges, with a page of 7,500/BK; and 5,500/CYM, suit greater need. To replace HP 4301fdw toner, just do as following:
- 1. Please turn off your HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw printer and open its printer cover.
- 2. Remove the old HP 210A/X toner cartridges.
- 3. Shake out new HP 210A/X toners horizontally to distribute the toner evenly inside.
- 4. Insert the new toners into the HP 4301fdw printer.
- 5. Close the printer cover and power on the printer.
- 6. Print a test page to check if the toner is evenly installed and the potential printing issues.
According to the above steps, you can change toner cartridges for your HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw printer. Besides, you can read the instructions from printer or toner cartridges suppliers. If you fail to replace toner cartridges for your HP MFP 4301fdw printer, just contact HP official or our True Image.
4. What Types Of Documents Can The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw Wireless Printer Print?
HP MFP 4301fdw printer can print a wide range of documents, including but not limited to text documents, graphics & images, presentations, spreadsheets, labels & envelopes, and booklet, etc.
5. How Do I Clean My HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw Printer?
Cleaning the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw printer frequently is important to maintain its print quality and ensure proper functioning. The MFP 4301fdw printer can auto-clean via the Printer Maintenance setting; you don't need to do anything. However, you also can do manual cleaning regularly as follows.
- 1. Power off your printer
- 2. Do exterior surface cleaning for your printer with a wet, lint-free cloth.
- 3. Open its toner tank and paper trays.
- 4. Clean the paper rollers and other visible parts with a soft, dry brush or cloth.
Note: Pay more attention if you find toner powder residue inside the printer when cleaning because it's easier to spread.
Cut Operating Costs Using Compatible HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 4301fdw Toner Cartridges From True Image.
For the HP MFP 4301fdw printer, both standard-yield HP 210A toner and high-yield HP 210X cartridge are available. However, one HP printer only costs between $600 to $700, and the original toner cartridges used are more costly. Compared with the original, compatible toners cost you only half the money. If you need to print very often, there is no doubt that you need to change toners frequently. Printing costs may be a budget burden.
Moreover, compatible toner provided by True Image has won over 300 million users' favor. Our compatible HP 210A/X toner cartridges are produced under strict standards, and the printing quality can meet the original. True Image provides a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 2-year warranty to enhance customers' confidence. Just choose True Image compatible toner cartridges and save more. If you need any help with printers, toners, or services, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone at, or live chat on our online store.