Brother Printer is a well-known printer brand widely acclaimed for its high quality, performance, and reliability. This brand offers a variety of printer models suitable for various application scenarios, such as homes, small offices, and large enterprises. Of course, an IP address is very important for printers. The IP address is important in network connection, remote printing, printer settings and management, and user network security. This blog will introduce what an IP address is and how to find a Brother IP address, hoping to be helpful to readers.
What Is The IP Address Of A Printer?
The printer IP address is the address used to uniquely identify the printer in the network, similar to the IP address of a computer. The printer IP address consists of four numbers, each between 0 and 255, separated by dots. These numbers can be divided into two parts: one is used to identify the network, and the other is used to identify the uniqueness of the computers connected to the network. The printer IP address is unique in the network and is used to find and connect to specific printers on the network. The printer IP address can be configured manually or automatically. When configuring the printer IP address, it is necessary to follow certain steps to ensure the printer can be correctly connected to the network and used normally.
Many Brother printers have wireless capabilities, allowing you to connect multiple devices without setting the printer to run on a specific network. In most cases, you only need to connect the printer to a Wi-Fi network.
How To Find The IP Address Of A Brother Printer?
You can use the following four methods to find the IP addresses of Brother printers:
Menu On Printer Panel: Most Brother printers have menu buttons. Taking the Brother MFC-L2820DW printer as an example, you can select the "Settings" or "Menu" options on the printer’s control panel. Use the arrow keys to navigate the "Network" or "Network Settings" menu. Search for the "TCP/IP" or "IP address" options in the network settings menu. After selecting this option, you should be able to see the printer’s IP address. This method also works for finding the IP address of your Brother MFC-L3710CW printer.
Printer Configuration Page: Some Brother printers allow you to search for IP addresses by printing the configuration page. You can find instructions on printing this page on the printer panel. Taking Brother HL-L6210DW printer as an example, first, ensure that the printer is turned on and the paper is loaded. Next, press the up or down icon to select the [Print Report] option, then press OK. Then press the up or down icon to select [Network Configuration]. Finally, press OK and Go. Usually, this page provides detailed information about printer network settings, including IP addresses. This method also works for finding the IP address of your Brother HL-L3210CW, HL-L3230CDW, HL-L3290CDW printers.
Using Brother Printer Software: If you have installed the relevant software for Brother printers, you can open the software on your computer and look for options related to printer connection. Usually, the software will display the IP address of the printer.
1. Navigate from the Windows Start menu to the Control Panel after connecting the printer via USB.
2. In the "Hardware and Sound" area, proceed to click "View devices and printers".
3. Locate your printer under "Printers and Faxes," and make sure the right printer is chosen by examining the printer's model name and number.
4. Right-click the printer icon and then choose "Properties" from the menu.
5. In the properties menu, select the "General" tab and look for the "Location" field. The values on the right side of this field correspond to the printer's IP address.
1. Click on "System Preferences" on the Mac main screen.
2. Click to open a new window. Then, search for and click on the "Print and Fax" option in the new window.
3. Locate your printer in the "Printers" tab and verify that you have chosen the correct printer by checking the model and name.
4. After selecting the right printer, select "Options and Consumables". The printer's IP address will appear on the new screen.
Router Management Page: If you know the router that connects to the printer, you can log in to the router's management page. On the router management page, search for the list of connected devices or DHCP clients, and you should be able to find the printer's IP address.
Record these numbers accurately, no matter which operating system you use to find the printer's IP address. Then, you can use these numbers to configure the printer to run on a dedicated network or to help diagnose future connection issues. However, it is worth noting that these steps may vary depending on the printer model, and the specific steps may vary. If you have a user manual for the printer, it is recommended to consult the manual for detailed guidance. Alternatively, search for relevant information online or contact Brother Printer Support for more assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions About Finding Brother Printer IP Address
Brother Printer Cannot Connect To The Network?
Check Connection: Ensure that the printer and router are properly connected. Check that the printer is linked to the appropriate wireless network.
Restart: Try restarting the printer and router. Sometimes, restarting can solve connection problems.
Network Settings: Ensure your printer is correctly configured with wireless network settings. You might need to provide the correct network password.
Update Driver: Check if the driver for your printer is the latest version. You can download and install the latest drivers on the printer manufacturer's website.
Firewalls And Security Software: Check your computer's firewall and security software settings to ensure they do not block printer and network communication.
Reset Network Settings: Some printers have a network settings reset option.; You can reset it to the default settings and reconfigure the network connection.
Suppose you have tried the above methods but still cannot solve the problem. In that case, it is recommended to consult your printer's user manual or visit the manufacturer's support website for more detailed assistance.
Brother Printer Cannot Enter The Settings Interface?
1. Incorrect Gateway Address Configuration: Please verify that the new address entered is valid. You can check to see if input mistakes occurred when modifying the settings.
2. Network Configuration Issue: If the gateway address is changed but the settings interface cannot be reached, the printer's present network configuration may be incompatible with the new gateway address. You can reconnect the printer to the network and verify that it can receive an IP address appropriately.
3. Firewall Or Router Settings: Sometimes, firewall or router settings prevent access to the printer's settings interface. Turn off the firewall or verify the router settings to ensure printer access.
If none of the above methods can solve the problem, it is recommended to contact customer support for Brother printers for assistance.
Finding the IP address of our brother's printer can help us better manage and use the printer and improve work efficiency. This blog can help you find the IP address of your brother's printer smoothly. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please get in touch with our True Image technical support team anytime.
In addition, our True Image offers affordable Brother compatible toner cartridges, such as our Brother TN830 and Brother TN920 monochrome-compatible toner cartridges, as well as our Brother TN-227 and Brother TN229 color-compatible toner cartridges, which have the same quality and performance as the original Brother toner cartridge. They can provide you with excellent printing quality while saving you costs. If needed, True Image is a good choice.